That sums up the messages that were conveyed this Tuesday, September 21, 2021, the 49th anniversary of the declaration of martial law in the Philippines that marked the start of one of the darkest episodes in Philippine history.
In the fight against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the government noted that 9.5 million doses of vaccines were received the past week, the highest since February 2021; the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said the country was eyeing the establishment of a “fill and finish” facility to bolster the country’s vaccine supply; and an OCTA Research fellow said booster shots were not yet needed as vaccines administered in the country are still in full-strength to repel the virus.
These are among the top stories this afternoon.
- PH COVID-19 Update: 16,361 new cases, 21,974 recoveries, 140 fatalities
- Memories of Martial Law
- Senate probe on allegedly anomalous pandemic purchases
- PH’s global innovation index
- Preparations for 2022 polls
- PH welcomes trilateral partnership of US, UK, Australia
- Mysterious death of artist in La Union
- Weather Update
- Business Corner
- Education Corner
- Judiciary Corner
- Legislative Corner
- Political Corner
- Metro Roundup
- Provincial Roundup