Three junior and middle-ranking police officials were awarded for their gallantry in the campaign against the communist rebels and a terror group in Rizal and Mindanao, the National Police Commission (Napolcom) said.
Awarded during the 55th Napolcom Anniversary Program were Police Lt. Col. William Santos, acting head of the Intelligence Unit of the Rizal Provincial Police; Police Lt. Col. Hoover Antonio, commander of the 1st Sultan Kudarat Provincial Mobile Force Company; and Police Lt. Carlo P. Magno, member of the Revitalized Pulis sa Barangay deployed in Marilog District, Davao City.
Napolcom Vice Chairman and Executive Officer Vitaliano N. Aguirre II said Santos was awarded for leading the operation in Baras, Rizal that resulted in the death of six communist rebels.
Antonio, on the other hand, was chosen to receive the same award of PNP Gallantry after he led the operation in November last year against the group of Jazzer Nilong, who was an identified bomber and trainer in the areas of Tacurong, Isulan, Sultan Kudarat and General Santos City.
Aguirre said the operation successfully prevented the conduct of bombing operations targeting the City Mall and Public Market of Isulan, Sultan Kudarat,” said Aguirre.
Magno was also awarded for facilitating the surrender of 38 members of CTG under the Pulang Bagani Command (PBC), Southern Mindanao Regional Command (SMRC) on January 17 and 18, 2021.
“The extraordinary courage and bravery displayed by these police officers in a circumstance of peril is worthy of inspiration and emulation among their fellow officers and this clearly manifests their commitment to serve and protect the people,” Aguirre said.