The Philippine government will finally lift on Monday, Sept. 6 its travel ban on passengers coming from 10 countries namely India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Oman, Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia.
This, despite an ongoing surge in new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the country primarily resulting from the Delta variant. The travel ban on the 10 countries was imposed weeks ago for the very purpose of containing the local spread of the dreaded mutation.
The Department of Health (DOH) also recorded 20,741 fresh cases of COVID-19, which is the new second highest, single-day tally for new infections.
These are among the top stories this busy Saturday afternoon, September 4, 2021.
1) PH COVID-19 Update: 20,741 new cases; 21,962 new recoveries; 189 new deaths
2) Travel ban lifted amid COVID surge
3) Preparations for polls
4) Bicol quake
5) Red Cross cuts testing costs
6) Lawmakers’ Corner
7) From the Office of the Vice President
8) Trillanes hits ‘Davao mafia’
9) PNP, AFP Corner
10) Weather Update
11) Science and Technology Corner
12) Environment Corner
13) Education Corner
14) Judiciary Corner
15) Business Corner
16) Metro Manila Roundup
17) Provincial Roundup