Two Filipinos were unable to leave Afghanistan on Thursday following the two incidents of suicide bombings outside Kabul airport, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said Friday.
The DFA said the two Filipinos were at the airport earlier in the day when the deadly explosions occurred that left more than 100 people dead, including 13 American servicemen.
“There were 2 Filipinos at the airport earlier in the day but were unable to leave the country due to the situation,” the foreign affairs office said.
No Filipinos were reported among those affected by the attacks outside Kabul airport on Thursday, Aug. 26, 2021.
Meanwhile, the DFA also confirmed the arrival in the Philippines of one Filipino from Dubai who was earlier evacuated from Kabul.
According to the DFA tally, a total of 185 Filipinos have left Afghanistan since the Taliban took over Kabul on Aug. 15.
Out of the 24 remaining Filipinos, 16 of them have requested repatriation either through their company or the Philippine government.
To date, Alert Level 4 or mandatory repatriation is hoisted over Afghanistan.
“The Philippine Embassy in Islamabad is closely coordinating with UN Security Officers on the ground to learn the latest security updates on the Afghan security situation,” the DFA said.