Remulla: MECQ or ECQ in Cavite possible if COVID-19 cases continue to rise

Published August 4, 2021, 8:18 AM

by Carla Bauto Deña

CAVITE – A stricter community quarantine status in the province is possible if coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases continue to surge, Governor Jonvic Remulla said on Tuesday (August 3).

Municipal Government of GMA, Cavite / Facebook / MANILA BULLETIN

Speaking during the oath-taking ceremony of General Mariano Alvarez Mayor Maricel E. Torres, Remulla said Cavite is now recording an average of 400 cases a day, a big jump from the average of 20 to 30 cases last month.

“‘Pag tayo umakyat ng 600, 800, 1,000, ay aakyat tayo sa MECQ, tapos ECQ na naman (If we reach 600, 800, 1,000 cases, we’ll revert back to MECQ, then ECQ),” the governor said.

“Problema na naman yan. Kung magsara na naman tayo, ang dami na naman ang mahihirapan dito (That will be a problem. If we close our economy again, many will suffer here).”

Remulla cited studies that said COVID-19 is passed on at work, as some employees refuse to wear masks or still eat together despite social distancing protocols. They then bring the virus to their homes and infect other members of their households.

The governor told barangay officials to be stringent in implementing protocols to help prevent the spread of the virus.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["metro","news","news"]
[2777373,2815846,2815836,2815819,2815813,2815806,2815798]