No change in Iloilo health protocols as ECQ extended until Aug. 7

Published July 29, 2021, 2:59 PM

by Tara Yap

ILOILO CITY – There are no changes in health protocols as the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) for Iloilo has been extended.

“The same health protocols will be extended until Aug. 7,” said Iloilo Gov. Arthur Defensor Jr.

The national government’s COVID-19 Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) announced the extension of the ECQ for Iloilo and this city.

Unlike Mayor Jerry Treñas here, Defensor said he will not appeal before the national government IATF to lower the quarantine status.

Defensor said in a press conference Thursday, July 29, there is not much difference between Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) and ECQ.

Iloilo and Iloilo City had been placed under ECQ since July 16 for high COVID-19 cases and high utilization rate of hospitals.

Defensor reiterated that the ECQ now is not a lockdown as what residents thought as it was based on the experience when ECQ was first implemented last March 2020.

Based on this year’s amended guidelines for ECQ, there are only a few prohibitions, including the usual mass gatherings and non-essential gatherings.

For instance, inbound travel of non-Iloilo residents is not allowed. Only Authorized Persons Outside Residence (APORs) and residents of Iloilo City and Guimaras are allowed to enter.

Essential establishments remain open, but there are restrictions such as restaurants cannot serve dine-in but only take out.

Iloilo consists of 42 towns and a component city.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","visayas","news"]
[2772589,2817499,2817492,2817487,2817495,2817471,2817464]