Critics of the Duterte administration are set to conduct rallies in different parts of Metro Manila on and before Monday as the President delivers his 6th and last State of the Nation Address (SONA).
Various groups will hold activities, collectively called “wakaSONA” activities, starting Friday, July 23, in Manila and Quezon cities.
Organizations leading the events include One Faith. One Nation. One Voice; SIKAD; Kadamay; KARAPATAN; Movement Against the Anti-Terrorism Act; In Defense of Human Rights and Dignity Movement; Green Thumb Coalition; and Akbayan Partylist.
The venues and the scheduled time for certain activities are the following:
• Mass for Truth, Justice and Peace on July 23 at 7 a.m. to be held at the Shrine of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Quiapo, Manila
• CineMaralita – Bike Thru on July 23 from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Bantayog ng mga Bayani in Quezon City
• Bike for Freedom on July 24 at 6 a.m. to be held at Boy Scout Circle to CHR Grounds in Quezon City
• Despedida rally on July 26 from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the CHR Grounds in Quezon City
• #WakaSONA on July 26 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Liwasang Diokno in Quezon City
• Creative Action on July 26 at 9 a.m. to be held outside the Main Gate of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources office in Quezon City
• Goodbye Duterte on July 23 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. along Commonwealth Ave.
In a joint statement released to reporters, the groups said they “will make sure” that Duterte’s 6th SONA will be his last, citing various concerns that the President caused and did not address.
President Duterte, who is already in his 5th year as the country’s leader, will deliver his last SONA on July 26 before he leaves his post in 2022.