The Muntinlupa City government has granted the Safety Seal Certifications to SM Center Muntinlupa and Starmall Alabang for passing the minimum public health standards (MPHS) set by the government amid the ongoing pandemic.
The national government launched the Safety Seal Certification Program to “assure the consumers and the public in general of the establishments’ compliance with the minimum public health standards set by the government; encourage the adoption of the StaySafe.ph digital contact tracing application to strengthen the contact tracing initiative of the government and effectively contain the spread of COVID-19; and safely reopen the economy,” according to Joint Memorandum Circular 21-01 of the Department of Labor and Employment, Department of Department, Department of the Interior and Local Government, Department of Tourism, and Department of Trade and Industry.
Besides the two malls, other private establishments which have been granted the Safety Seal by the Muntinlupa City government are the Alabang Town Center, 8 Cuts Burger Blends at Alabang Town Center, Café Mary Grace at Alabang Town Center, Shiseido at SM Center Tunasan, Yabu: House of Katsu at Alabang Town Center, KFC at SM Center Tunasan, Ayala Malls South Park, Fitness First Platinum Alabang at Filinvest Alabang and South Park Corporate Center in Alabang, Festival Mall, Three Inihaw Place Inc./Mang Inasal, Manny and Pie Calayan Clinic, Metro Alabang, La Senza Alabang Town Center, The Palms Country Club, Slimmer’s World, Cucinamia Hospitality, Aventus Medical Care, Bench Body Alabang Town Center, Pancake House Festival Mall, Made In Candy, Pound Alabang Town Center, Cotton On and California Advance Nail & Skincare.
Under the memorandum circular, the Muntinlupa City government will issue the Safety Seal to malls, wet markets, other retail stores, restaurants outside hotels/resorts, fast food establishments, eateries, coffee shops, banks, money changers, remittance centers, car wash centers, laundry service centers, art galleries, libraries, museums, zoos, sports centers, tutorials, testing and review centers, gyms, spas, cinemas, arcades and all other private establishments.
Mayor Jaime Fresnedi issued Executive Order No. 17 creating the Inspection and Certification Committee for the Safety Seal Certification Program and the guidelines.
According to the DILG’s Memorandum Circular 2021-053, the following are the requirements for the granting of the Safety Seal:
• Valid Business Permit/Mayor’s Permit
• Use of StaySafe.ph or any contact tracing tool integrated with the same
• Availability of temperature or thermal scanner
• Availability of health declaration sheets for employees and clients
• QR Codes for StaySafe.ph and any other contact tracing tool conspicuously placed for registration of employees and clients
• Availability of isolation area for identified symptomatic employees
• BHERTs and other COVID-19 Emergency hotlines are displayed in conspicuous area
• Availability of hand-washing stations with soap, sanitizers, and hand drying equipment or supplies for employees and clients/visitors in strategic locations in the establishment
• Installed physical barriers in enclosed areas to maintain social distancing
• Availability of personnel-in-charge for monitoring and maintaining social distancing, and ensuring the compliance of clients/visitors/employees to health protocols and areas in the establishment where people gather
• Availability of windows for adequate air exchange in enclosed (indoor) areas
• Compliance to the disinfection protocol in according with DOH Department Memorandum No, 2020-157 and 0157-A or the Guidelines on Cleaning and Disinfection in Various Settings as an Infection Prevention and Control Measure Against COVID-19
• Conducts regular (at least twice a week) cleaning and disinfection in the establishment in compliance to the Cleaning and Disinfection of Environmental Surfaces in the Context of COVID-19 by the World Health Organization
• Personnel, employees. clients and visitors always wear face masks and face shields especially in enclosed places.
• Presence of designated Safety Officer
• Availability of storage facility for proper collection, treatment, and disposal of used face masks and other infectious wastes