Happy Independence Day!
On this day in 1898, the Philippines gained independence from Spain. But 123 years after, in 2021, we also seek to set ourselves free from the scourge and grip of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
As such, the Department of Health (DOH) said it was hoping to achieve “population protection” in the National Capital Region (NCR)-Plus Eight (meaning: Metro Manila plus Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal, Pampanga, Batangas, Metro Cebu, and Metro Davao.
This sense of optimism is among the top stories this Saturday morning, June 12, 2021.
- PH COVID-19 Update
- Rains on Independence Day
- Not so good news for Meralco subscribers
- Dodging the hate
- China and the ASEAN agree to further expand vaccine cooperation
- Wanted: Pinoy health workers in US
- Pity our teachers
- Pinoy scholars in US
- Preparations for 2022 polls
- More freedom of movement
- EDSA repairs this weekend
- Warning out on contaminated shellfish and ‘alamang’
- Judicial Corner
- Agriculture Corner
- Business Corner