In view of the Covid-19 global pandemic and to ensure the safety and welfare of our shareholders and participants, the meeting will be held virtually on Thursday, 24 June 2021, at 2:00 P.M. The livestream may be accessed through the Company’s website at: https://www.eaglecement.com.ph/annual-stockholders-meeting.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Annual Meeting of the Stockholders of EAGLE CEMENT CORPORATION (the “Company”) will be held on June 24, 2021, 2:00 p.m., livestreamed from the principal office of the Company, and shall be conducted through livestreamingas authorized by resolution of the Board of Directors on April 7, 2021. The livestream may be accessed through the Company’s website at: https://www.eaglecement.com.ph/annual-stockholders-meeting.
The Agenda of the meeting is as follows:
- Call to order
- Certification of Notice and Quorum
- Approval of Minutes of Previous Meeting
- Presentation of the Annual Report
- Ratification of Acts and Resolutions of the Board of Directors and Corporate Officers
- Appointment of External Auditors
- Election of the Members of the Board of Directors
- Delegation of Authority to the Board to Amend the by-laws
- Other Matters
Minutes of the Annual Stockholders’ Meeting held on July 15, 2020 and the resolutions of the Board of Directors beginning July 15, 2020 will be accessible through the Company’s website (https://www.eaglecement.com.ph/annual-stockholders-meeting).
Given the continued threat of the COVID-19 Pandemic, stockholders may only participate in the annual meeting via remote communication and cast their votes electronically or in absentia, or through appointing the Chairman of the Meeting as proxy. Only stockholders of record as of May 10, 2021 are entitled to vote at this meeting.
Stockholders intending to attend the meeting by remote communication should notify the Company not later than June 14, 2021 at 5:00 PM through the following means:
1. By e-mail to [email protected];
2. By online registration through the Company website under the Investor Relations tab. For the online registration, kindly access and follow the instructions to be made available in the following link: https://www.eaglecement.com.ph/annual-stockholders-meeting.
Further details and procedure for attendance and participation in the meeting through remote communication are set forth in Annex 1 of the notice in the Definitive Information Statement with its annexes through the PSE Edge and the Company website (https://www.eaglecement.com.ph/corporate-disclosure/information-statement-sec-form-20-is/2).
Duly accomplished ballots, proxies, and copies of valid government IDs shall be submitted through any of the following:
1. By e-mail to [email protected];
2. By ordinary mail to the Office of the Corporate Secretary of Eagle Cement Corporation at Suite 2801 Discovery Center, 25 ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1605;
3. By online submission, at the time of registration through the Company website (https://www.eaglecement.com.ph/annual-stockholders-meeting).
The deadline for submission of ballots and proxies is on June 14, 2021 at 5:00 PM. For corporations, ballots and proxies must be accompanied by the Corporate Secretary’s sworn certification stating the corporate officer’s authority to vote for and to represent the Corporation in the meeting. Ballots and proxies need not be notarized.
Validation of ballots and proxies will be on June 18, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. at the office of the Company’s Corporate Secretary at Suite 2801 Discovery Center, 25 ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City. For your convenience, samples of the ballot and proxy are available at the Company website under the Investor Relations tab.
Questions and comments to the Board of Directors and/or Management may be sent in advance of, or during, the meeting by email to [email protected].
Please refer to Annex 2 of the notice in the Information Statement for a brief discussion of and the rationale for the above agenda items.
A visual and audio recording of the proceedings of the annual meeting shall be kept by the Company.
For the Board of Directors.
MARIA FARAH Z.G. NICOLAS-SUCHIANCO