The Quezon City government on Thursday inked a deal with the Anti-Crime and Terrorism Community Involvement and Support (ACT-CIS) Partylist to help boost the city’s vaccination program.
The ACT-CIS will provide medical teams that will be deployed in vaccination centers.
“Since last year, we have received a myriad of support from different organizations and have established the whole-of-city approach in addressing the COVID-19 pandemic. The doctors and nurses from ACT-CIS will greatly support four of our sites, and accommodate more QCitizens in the process,” Mayor Joy Belmonte said.
The partnership was supported primarily by broadcasters Raffy and Erwin Tulfo.
“Ito po ay aming kontribusyon sa hangarin ng ating pamahalaan na mabakunahan ang lahat sa lalong madaling panahon. Kailangan po tayong magtulong-tulong. Hindi natin matatalo ang virus kung hindi natin susuportahan ang mga ginagawang hakbang ng pamahalaan,” ACT-CIS chair Erwin Tulfo said.
The city mayor welcomed the move of the partylist and the Tulfo brothers to join the city’s vaccination drive “Bayanihan sa Turukan”.
On Tuesday, the city government’s first drive-thru vaccination in partnership with SM City Malls in SM Fairview accommodated A1 to A3 priority residents.
As of May 19, the city government has administered a total of 272,046 vaccine doses to QC residents and workers, or 204,394 for first dose plus 67, 652 for second dose.