Over 1.7 million low-income people affected by the imposition of the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in the National Capital Region (NCR)-plus have received their one-time financial assistance, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) said Monday evening, April 12.
DSWD Secretary Rolando Joselito D. Bautista reported to President Duterte that as of April 11, a total of 1,757,281 beneficiaries got their aid.
“As of April 11, based na rin po sa data ng DILG (based on the data of DILG), ang (the) actual beneficiaries paid is 1,757,281,” he said in a meeting with the Chief Executive.
He noted that the total supplemental aid disbursed in the National Capital Region (NCR), Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal totals P1,757,281 or eight percent of the P22.9 billion targeted to be distributed to 22.9 million low-income people affected by the ECQ.
“Makikita po natin dito na talagang may slow start ng rollout pero as experienced last year na talagang ang start po ay mabagal pero after four to five days dun na po nagstart ang mabilisan na pagdi-distribute ng special assistance (We can see a slow start in the rollout, but as experienced last year, the start was really slow, but after four to five days, the distribution of special assistance became faster ,” Bautista said.
Based on the document presented by Bautista, the bulk of the aid was given to the 1,574, 940 NCR beneficiaries, amounting to P1.57 billion.
In terms of disbursed aid, Rizal landed second, distributing P95.1 million for 95,197 beneficiaries. It was followed by Cavite, P34.5 million for 34,565 beneficiaries; Laguna, P28.56 million for 28,564 beneficiaries; and Bulacan, P24 million for 24,015 beneficiaries.
Less than two hours before the President’s televised briefing, the DSWD reported that more than P1.1-billion supplemental aid for ECQ areas has been distributed over 1 million beneficiaries during the April 7 to 9 payouts, citing the DILG report dated April 10.