Mayor Abby: Makati hospitals reached 100% bed capacity since last week

Published March 16, 2021, 11:01 AM

by Jel Santos

Amid the surge of COVID-19 cases in the National Capital Region (NCR), Makati City Mayor Abigail “Abby” Binay bared that the bed capacity of hospitals for COVID-19 patients in the city has reached full capacity as early as last week.

Makati City Mayor Abigail “Abby” Binay (MANILA BULLETIN FILE PHOTO)

She said Makati Medical Center (MMC) and Ospital ng Makati (OsMak) have reached full capacity for COVID-19 cases.

Based on the data of the Department of Health (DOH), NCR has recorded 25, 922 active COVID-19 cases as of Monday (March 15).

“Makati has seen a rising number as early as two weeks ago. In fact, our bed occupancy is at 100 percent as early as last week,” she said during an interview with ANC on Monday (October 15).

“I am really praying that we put some sense of control to stop the spread of the disease,” the mayor added.

Binay said the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the country feels like a “deja vu” from last year.

The mayor urged the public to continue observing health protocols to stem the transmission of the disease, saying that the same precautions are needed with the new variants of COVID-19.

On March 13, Binay placed two zones in Barangay Pio del Pilar under a three-day lockdown to stop the spread of COVID-19 in the community, starting at 12:01 a.m. on March 13 until 11:59 p.m. on March 16.

As of March 15, the Makati Health Department (MHD) has recorded 846 active cases of COVID-19 in the city.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["metro","news","news"]
[2648043,2841765,2841768,2841762,2841774,2841751,2841742]