Avail the subsidized RT-PCR test for as low as P750
A few days from now, we are about to mark the first anniversary of nationwide lockdown imposed last March 15, 2020 to fight the spread of COVID-19.
As we slowly see the light at the end of the long, dark tunnel with the arrival of vaccines, the Inter-Agency Task Force Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) has eased the requirements for domestic travel. Thus, there is a huge demand for flight seats. A lot of people, however, are wondering what the requirements are to visit the beautiful province of Bohol.
Manila Bulletin Lifestyle recently visited the said province during the Department of Tourism (DOT)’s familiarization program. We are listing here all the requirements needed to be able to visit Bohol as a tourist.
- Negative COVID-19 test result
Even though the IATF already announced that swab test is no longer necessary, the local government unit (LGU) still has the final say. In case of Bohol, Governor Arthur Yap is not waiving it.
With that, travelers must have a negative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test taken 72 hours before the date of travel. The province also accepts saliva or antigen test as long as it yields a negative result.
To make this affordable for tourists coming from Metro Manila, they can apply for the subsidized RT-PCR test at the University of the Philippines-Philippine General Hospital (UP-PGH) or at the Philippine Children’s Medical Center (PCMC) for as low as P900 and P750, respectively. To avail this 50 percent discount, visit www.tpb.gov.ph/rtpcrphtravel.
2. Pre-booked accommodations at DOT-accredited or Ultimate Bohol Experience (UBE) certified establishments
3. Travel itinerary including confirmed tour bookings through DOT-accredited tour operators (if going on tour).
4. Registration in the province of Bohol website at tourism.bohol.gov.ph for the issuance of personal QR codes. This will serve as the tourists’ electronic IDs all throughout their stay.
5. Download the Traze contract tracing app available on App store and Google Playstore. Tourists will be needing this at the airport.
On the top of this list, always practice safety health protocols such as wearing of face mask and face shield, washing hands regularly, and maintaining social distancing.
Have a fun and safe trip!