Prelate hopes more people will be allowed to attend religious services

Published February 4, 2021, 6:32 PM

by Leslie Ann Aquino

Apostolic Administrator of the Archdiocese of Manila Bishop Broderick Pabillo is hoping that more people will be allowed to attend religious services.

Archdiocese of Manila Apostolic Administrator Bishop Broderick Pabillo

The prelate said the government can use as basis the lack of spike in coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases despite the holding of the Black Nazarene and the Sto. Niño feasts last month.

“That can be used as a basis that churches are not spreaders because services are well managed,” Pabillo said in an interview.

“The Quiapo and Sto. Niño events were well managed in spite of many people,” he added.

Participation in religious services are still limited in adherence to the safety and health protocols set by the Inter Agency Task Force on Emerging and Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID).

In areas under General Community Quarantine, like Metro Manila, churches are only allowed up to 30 percent capacity.

The prelate said they welcome the report of the OCTA Research Team that Metro Manila was able to avert a surge in COVID-19 cases last month.

“That is good news…it’s God’s grace,” said Pabillo.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news"]
[2612618,2882456,2882384,2882367,2882361,2882298,2882336]