Another iconic hotel in Metro Manila will shut its doors as a result of the negative impact caused to business by the coronavirus pandemic.
In a Facebook post on Monday, the management of the Filipino-owned The Legend Villas announced the hotel’s closure after 28 years of operations.
The Mandaluyong City hotel–known for its old-world charm–also thanked the guests that it has served over the years.
“As we officially close our doors and bid goodbye, we would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to all those who have been a part of The Legend Villas,” the management said.
“We hope that we were able to impart a great customer experience to everyone. It has been and will always be our desire to provide our guests with a service that is truly sulit, alaga, and legend,” it added.
Although the hotel did not specify any reason for its closure, the public is well aware that the local travel and tourism industry has been among those hardest-hit by the current health crisis.
Last month, luxury hotel Makati Shangri-la said it would temporarily close down beginning February 1 and retrench some of its workers due to the effects of the pandemic.