Skyway 3 to remain toll free until TRB approves rates

Published January 29, 2021, 10:51 PM

by Hanah Tabios

The use of Skyway Stage 3 will remain free of charge until the Toll Regulatory Board (TRB) decides on the proposed toll rates, TRB spokesperson Julius Corpuz said Friday.

(MARK VILLAR FACEBOOK / MANILA BULLETIN)

The San Miguel Corporation (SMC) had earlier announced that it will start collecting toll on the newly opened elevated expressway after February 1, more than a month after keeping it toll free.

“Toll collection will only be allowed after the TRB gives its approval. The toll matrix shall be published once approval is made,” he said. 

Based on the proposed toll rates submitted by the San Miguel Holdings Corp., the operator of Skyway Stage 3, toll rates range from P110 to P274. 

Motorists who will use the 18.8-kilometer stretch of the expressway or from Makati to Quezon City would pay P274 toll.

“Yan pong P274 na yan ay end-to-end proposed toll for a Class 1 vehicle covering the area from Buendia hanggang (until) NLEX Balintawak for a total of 18.8 kilometers,” Corpuz said in a separate radio interview aired over DZMM Teleradyo.

Though there is no proposal yet for other vehicle classifications, he said the rates would only be doubled for Class 2 and tripled for Class 3. 

“The final toll matrix will include rates for the class of vehicles that will be allowed to use the Skyway Stage 3,” he explained.

SMC President and Chief Operating Officer Ramon Ang said had earlier that the new expressway can accommodate 200,000 vehicles or half of EDSA’s daily traffic.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news"]
[2607224,2881923,2881911,2881898,2881771,2881760,2881754]