Mayor ready to seek extension of ECQ in Tuguegarao if COVID-19 situation worsens

Published January 20, 2021, 10:52 AM

by Liezle Basa Iñigo

TUGUEGARAO CITY – Mayor Jefferson Soriano would not hesitate to seek an extension of the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) that was imposed starting midnight Wednesday, January 20, if the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) situation does not improve here.

(Photo courtesy of Tuguegarao City PNP / MANILA BULLETIN))
(Photo courtesy of Tuguegarao City PNP / MANILA BULLETIN))

In a virtual press briefing on Tueday night, Soriano announced that the Regional Inter-Agency Task Force (RIATF) on COVID-19 had already approved the imposition of ECQ here from January 20 to midnight January 29.

And if the COVID-19 situation worsens in the city, Soriano said he will ask for an extension of the ECQ.

“With the 220 active cases in Tuguegarao, we are at high risk,” said Soriano, who underscored that 29 out of the 49 barangays in the city have reported COVID-19 infections.

“Our situation calls for ECQ. In almost all the parameters set by the National IATF, we qualify for ECQ. Tuguegarao is at high risk,” Soriano emphasized.

Among those critical points were the attack rate, which had 84 cases being posted on Saturday, and the comparison of records for the last two weeks continuing to remain high.

Soriano said the National IATF has set a strict home quarantine during ECQ for those below 18 years old, and above 65 years old; those with immunodeficiency, comorbidity, and pregnant women.

Movement shall be limited to accessing essential goods and services, and to work in permitted offices or establishments; Curfew hours shall be from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.

COVID shield control pass will also be required when going out of the barangay. Public transportation is suspended.

Non-residents, who are working the city, will be allowed to enter Tuguegarao upon presentation of work ID.

For non-work related visits, non-Tuguegarao residents from Region 2 will have to present a travel pass and health declaration at the border checkpoints.

For those coming from areas outside Region 2, either for work or non-work -related purposes, they must secure a medical certificate and a travel authority from the local government of origin, and present these at the border checkpoints.

Soriano also announced that all social events are prohibited, while “talipapas” and satellite markets will still be allowed to operate daily. Ambulant vendors will not be allowed to ply their trade.

Only take-out and deliveries will be allowed for food establishments, with online delivery service allowed to operate for 24 hours.

Sale of alcoholic beverages and drinking in public shall be strictly prohibited.

Essential private and public construction will still be allowed.

For schools, face-to-face or in-person classes at all levels are suspended.

Government work may operate with a skeleton workforce, or, but not exceeding, 20 percent (20 %) of operational capacity.

The return of locally stranded individuals (LSIs) will be suspended, while returning overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) may be allowed to return home with prior consultation from the Command Center Hotline (+63956-347-7981).

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["luzon","news","news"]
[2598984,2844055,2844050,2844047,2844041,2844033,2844021]