2 celebrities sorry for using term ‘rape’ over Christine Dacera case

Published January 6, 2021, 7:50 PM

by Robert Requintina

Christine Dacera (Instagram)

Two celebrities have apologized on social media for using the term “rape” in their comments over the death of flight attendant Christine Dacera who was found unconscious at a hotel in Makati City on New Year’s Day.

Celebrities Bianca Gonzales and social media influencer Kerwin King said that they were sorry for their emotional outbursts as they sought justice for the death of Dacera.


On Twitter, Gonzalez said:  “I am one of those who posted using the term “rape” and the hashtag justice because the authorities said it was rape. I feel ashamed but also so confused with the conflicting reports. The call for justice remains, but justice to find the truth for both Christine and the accused.


“Teka lang, I think we can hold PNP accountable for releasing misinformation while also holding ourselves accountable for our own actions and reactions. Hindi yan mutually exclusive.

“So ironic that some people are accusing me of accusing people, when all I did was post that rape is never the victim’s fault (which is true) Telling me to fact check, when they didn’t check my tweet? Many lessons learned for a lot of us,” said Gonzalez.

Also on Twitter, King commented: “I’d like to apologize for the confusion and for my sudden emotions last night. The triggers it caused hit close to home. It’s just painful to see victim blaming at this time and conclusively, rape is evil. May it be a lesson for all to validate/verify information before reacting.

“And I hope we continue to seek justice. We deserve better.

“Will also leave this one here. You don’t have to be shady, you don’t have to be mean. And lastly, you can direct message people for their mistakes,” King also said.

The Philippine National Police filed a complaint of rape with homicide against three men. The three suspects were ordered released on Wednesday, Jan. 6, due to insufficient evidence.

A portion of the resolution written by Assistant City Prosecutor Joan Bolina-Santillan read: “At this point, the pieces of evidence so far submitted are insufficient to establish that she was sexually assaulted or raped. And, if sexual assault/rape was committed, who is/are the person/s responsible?”

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["celebrities","entertainment","entertainment"]
[2588719,2877934,2877907,2877892,2877833,2877803,2877800]