Tiangco to self-quarantine as precautionary measure, has no COVID-19 symptoms
By Joseph Pedrajas
Navotas Mayor Toby Tiangco will undergo self-quarantine as a preventive measure against coronavirus disease (COVID-19), after learning that some Cabinet officials who attended an event he was also at have already done so.
Navotas Mayor Toby Tiangco (NAVOTAS PIO/ MANILA BULLETIN)
Tiangco announced this Thursday morning, following the initiatives taken by some Cabinet officials including Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea, Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez, and Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade, who previously attended an event that was also attended by a patient who tested positive for COVID-19.
"Kaninang umaga pag-gising ko, nakita ko po sa news na ilang Cabinet secretaries ay nag-self quarantine dahil sila po ay pumunta sa isang affair na kung saan ang isang tao ay nag-test positive sa COVID-19," he said.
(When I woke up, I saw on the news that some Cabinet secretaries are under self-quarantine because they attended an affair where one person tested positive for COVID-19.)
"Nakaharap ko rin po itong mga Cabinet secretaries na ito, kaya sa tingin ko ang tinutukoy na affair ay nandoon din ako," he added. (I met with these Cabinet secretaries, so I think I also attended the affair that is being referred to.)
However, Tiangco said he is not showing any signs of COVID-19 symptoms and will only undergo quarantine "for the safety of the people."
Tiangco is the second Metro Manila mayor to undergo self-quarantine amid the rising number of cases of COVID-19.
On Wednesday evening, Manila Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso already did the same after he returned from a trip to the United Kingdom.
READ MORE: List: Gov’t officials on self-quarantine due to COVID-19 exposure
Navotas Mayor Toby Tiangco (NAVOTAS PIO/ MANILA BULLETIN)
Tiangco announced this Thursday morning, following the initiatives taken by some Cabinet officials including Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea, Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez, and Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade, who previously attended an event that was also attended by a patient who tested positive for COVID-19.
"Kaninang umaga pag-gising ko, nakita ko po sa news na ilang Cabinet secretaries ay nag-self quarantine dahil sila po ay pumunta sa isang affair na kung saan ang isang tao ay nag-test positive sa COVID-19," he said.
(When I woke up, I saw on the news that some Cabinet secretaries are under self-quarantine because they attended an affair where one person tested positive for COVID-19.)
"Nakaharap ko rin po itong mga Cabinet secretaries na ito, kaya sa tingin ko ang tinutukoy na affair ay nandoon din ako," he added. (I met with these Cabinet secretaries, so I think I also attended the affair that is being referred to.)
However, Tiangco said he is not showing any signs of COVID-19 symptoms and will only undergo quarantine "for the safety of the people."
Tiangco is the second Metro Manila mayor to undergo self-quarantine amid the rising number of cases of COVID-19.
On Wednesday evening, Manila Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso already did the same after he returned from a trip to the United Kingdom.
READ MORE: List: Gov’t officials on self-quarantine due to COVID-19 exposure