The country recorded 1,148 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday with the daily figure still below 2,000 for eight straight days.

The new infections brought the total number of active cases to 28,313, of which, 83.6 percent are mild, 8.2 percent are asymptomatic, 5.1 percent are critical, 2.9 percent are severe, 0.22 percent are in moderate condition.
Based on the latest case bulletin of the Department of Health (DOH), the total number of cases nationwide has risen to 410,718---- since the first case was recorded in January.
Cavite reported the most number of new infections with 88, followed by Quezon City, 52; Rizal, 46; Baguio City, 44; and City of Manila, 44.
The DOH said that 186 patients were tagged as recovered in the last 24 hours, raising the total to 374,543---which is 91.2 percent of the total COVID-19 figure of the country.
The DOH, meanwhile, reported 23 new deaths, bringing the death toll to 7,862.
“If we compare our situation now to July to August, makikita natin na there is that decreasing trend in the number of cases, increasing availability of resources, nakikita natin na yung clustering of cases nawala na po sa areas previously identified as hotpots. ,” said Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire in a press briefing on Monday, November 16.
Vergeire said that considering these factors, this is a “good indication when it comes to the situation of COVID-19 in the Philippines.”
“But this is not the time to be complacent. Hindi porque nakikita natin mababa ang cases, hindi na tayo magkakaroon ng vigilance at compliance sa minimum health standards. If patuloy ang strict compliance with minimum health standards then we can live with the virus ,” she said.