Derek Ramsay rushed to hospital after looking straight into UV light

Published September 28, 2020, 9:05 PM

by Robert Requintina

Warning: Never stare directly at ultraviolet (UV) light because it can be dangerous. Not even briefly.

Recently, Kapuso star Derek Ramsay was rushed to the emergency room after he looked straight into the UV light he was fixing.

Ramsay said that they have a UV light which they use in disinfecting things.

In an interview with “Mars Pa More” on GMA 7, Ramsay said that the UV light was flickering when he decided to fix it.

His girlfriend Andrea Torres reminded him not to look straight at the UV light. Still Ramsay looked at it quickly. “Around 2 a.m. hindi ko na maidilat ‘yung mata ko. Talagang they were burning, eh ayoko naman siyang gisingin.”

The actor said he washed his eyes but it did not get any better. “I went to the bathroom, naghugas ako ng mata. It got worse. Then it just got worse and worse, so napilitan na akong gisingin si Andrea, at tinakbo na ako sa ospital.”

Andrea decided to put some eye drops, he said. “That’s when talagang sumisigaw na ako sa pain.”

Medical experts have warned the public that.UVC radiation can cause severe burns (of the skin) and eye injuries (photokeratitis). 

“Avoid direct skin exposure to UVC radiation and never look directly into a UVC light source, even briefly,” they said.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["entertainment","entertainment-news","entertainment"]
[2470462,2637141,2637137,2636997,2636996,2636976,2636954]