Two Catholic prelates in Metro Manila on Tuesday welcomed the increase in the number of people allowed to attend religious gatherings in areas under the general community quarantine.
Archdiocese of Manila apostolic administrator Bishop Broderick Pabillo said they are "happy" with the decision of the Inter Agency Task Force.
"We are happy for it and we will comply with the necessary protocols," he said in an interview.
Cubao Bishop Honesto Ongtioco said such a decision is a "welcome blessing."
"It is a welcome blessing. Some parishioners have been asking about the number of people who can attend our masses," he said.
"We see our services as essential since our people need some support system when we talk of stress, psychological needs or support," added Ongtioco.
On Tuesday, the Inter Agency Task Force allowed up to 10 percent of the seating capacity in the places of worship in the National Capital Region.
Previously attendance was limited to 10 people only.