K-pop superstars BTS’ new music video “Dynamite” has achieved another record on YouTube.
“Dynamite” was released worldwide and is the idol group’s first all-English track since debuting in 2013.
Based on YouTube’s official count, “Dynamite” has amassed 101.1 million hits in its debut on Aug. 21 to set a new record as the No. 1 most viewed music video in the first 24 hours of release.
The tally for “Dynamite” has eclipsed the record set by K-pop girl group BLACKPINK’s “How You Like That,” which garnered 86.3 million views upon release on June 26 and became the most viewed MV in the first 24 hours.
With “Dynamite,” BTS have reclaimed the YouTube record they previously set. Before “How You Like That” came along, their “Boy With Luv” music video, released on April 12, 2019, clinched the No. 1 position on YouTube’s All-Time Top 24-Hour Music Debuts list.
The new record also elevated BTS to the distinction of being the first artist to accumulate 100 million views in the first 24 hours of release of a music video.
YouTube earlier confirmed to Bulletin Entertainment that “Dynamite” set a new all-time record for the biggest music video Premiere with total viewers of over 3 million peak concurrents.
This overtook “How You Like That,” which had 1.66 million peak concurrent viewers when it premiered on June 26, and set the record for the biggest YouTube Premiere then.
The YouTube Premiere record refers to the total number of viewers who watched the music video at the same time while the 24-hour music debut refers to the total number of views accumulated by a video in the first 24 hours after its release.
Including “Dynamite,” BTS now have five music videos in YouTube’s top 10 24-hour music debuts ranking.
YouTube’s new top 10 most viewed music videos in the first 24 hours of release are:
1. BTS - “Dynamite” Official MV - 101.1 million
2. BLACKPINK - “'How You Like That' M/V - 86.3 million views
3. BTS - “Boy With Luv” feat. Halsey MV - 74.6 million
4. Taylor Swift - “ME!” - 65 million
5. BLACKPINK – “Kill This Love” - 56.7 million
6. Ariana Grande - “thank u, next” - 55.4 million
7. BTS - "ON" Kinetic Manifesto Film: Come Prima - 46.5 million
8. BTS - "IDOL" MV - 45.9 million views
9. BTS - "ON" Official MV - 43.8 million views
10. Taylor Swift - “Look What You Made Me Do” - 43.2 million views