Parishes in the Diocese of Cubao may resume religious activities on August 19 depending on the discretion of each parish priest, when the general community quarantine takes effect in Metro Manila.
Cubao Bishop Honesto Ongtioco said:"I leave it to the discretion of the parish priest because in some areas they have some Covid cases," he said in an interview Tuesday.
"We will always follow all the protocols of Inter Agency Task Force," added Ongtioco.
Earlier this month, the diocese temporarily suspended public liturgical services as a response to the call of the medical frontliners for a "time out" amid the increasing number of COVID-19 cases.
In the Archdiocese of Manila, Apostolic Administrator Bishop Broderick Pabillo said public liturgical services already resumed on August 15.
The Diocese of Antipolo on Tuesday also announced the reopening of their churches.
"Our churches will reopen to the faithful for the celebration of Holy Masses," the diocese said in a Facebook post.
The diocese assured the public that it will be adopting a cautious approach in resuming Holy Masses and other church activities by following proper protocols and guidelines for the safety of the faithful.