Ex-AOA member Mina declines police investigation into ‘bullying’ controversy

Published August 15, 2020, 8:46 AM

by Jonathan Hicap

Mina (left), and Seolhyun and Jimin (Instagram) 

Actress and former K-pop girl group AOA member Mina has declined police investigation into the alleged bullying she suffered under former leader Shin Jimin despite that it tormented her for over a decade and drove her to self-harm and attempted suicide.

The Gangnam Police Station got in touch with Mina after a fan of AOA filed a request on the e-people portal run by the Anti-Corruption and Civil Rights Commission of Korea to investigate the allegations of bullying committed by AOA members against Mina in the past. 

Mina’s agency, Woori Actors, said that “it is true that we received a call from the police regarding the investigation into internal affairs.” 

“However, we asked them not to investigate. We have made it clear that the company has no intention of filing a complaint and also does not want to be involved in the investigation,” it said, according to Osen. 

It added, “Currently, we make Kwon Mina’s psychological stabilization our top priority. Please show your support so that she can focus on treatment.”

Last week, Mina was hospitalized after she committed self-harm, uploading a photo of her bloodied wrist on Instagram, and wrote “I will not leave with such injustice. Shin Jimin, Han Sungho, Kim Seolhyun, try to live well,” referring to FNC Entertainment representative director Han Sungho. She was discharged on Aug. 9. 

In a sudden twist of events, Mina issued an apology on Aug. 11, saying, “Lots of people support and worry for me, but I once again disappoint you guys. I sincerely apologize.”

“I heard that that day, while I was unconscious, the FNC staff members were with me all night. Today, I had a meeting with president Han Sungho. I truly loved FNC and AOA. Therefore, I felt sorrowful and miserable when I had to leave AOA because of this issue,” she wrote.  Mina added, “Today, after hearing his words, I can feel his sincerity. I deeply regret letting things go too far like this. I will receive treatment and reflect on myself so that such incidents will not recur in the future.” 

She deleted her Instagram account after issuing the apology. Jimin, on the other hand, deleted the videos on her personal YouTube account.

Meanwhile, netizens have asked a production company to remove Seolhyun from the drama “Day and Night,” which is set to air in October.  

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["entertainment","entertainment-news","entertainment"]
[2346436,3146991,3146987,3146984,3146954,3146948,3146941]