6 more COVID-19 cases reported in Bacoor, Cavite

Published May 28, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Anthony Giron

IMUS CITY, Cavite — The city government of Bacoor reported six new coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) positive cases, which brought the total case number in its jurisdiction to 114.

The authorities reported that of the 114 cases involving resident-patients, 58 or more than half of the total, have recovered. One death, involving an elderly woman, was also reported lately in the city.

Bacoor, a city at the boundary of Metro Manila’s south, has the highest incidence of COVID-19 in Cavite province, followed by the neighboring cities of Dasmariñas with 50 positive cases, Imus, the capital, also with 50, and General Trias with 23.

In its latest update report, the Bacoor government confirmed that the city has 114 total cases, with 58 recoveries and 11 deaths, and 45 in active status. Bacoor, Cavite’s second most populated city after Dasmariñas, has 73 barangays (villages).

In a text message, Mayor Lani Mercado-Revilla said that the case number surge was observed following the results of the Department of Health-Polymerase Chain Reaction (DOH-PCR) tests that had been conducted earlier and the background of those tested varies.

A local health department source elaborated that the latest positive case number was an offshoot of the tests that have been released after a delay of more than three weeks. “Lumalabas na results ng mga positive test. Na-delay ito for more than three weeks, ngayon konti-konti na lumalabas,” the source said. (The results of the positive tests are coming out. These (the results) were delayed for more than three weeks, it is gradually coming out.)

The authorities identified the latest six new cases in Bacoor as of Wednesday, May 26, as Patients #109: a 41-year-old man from Barangay Ligas II, #110: a woman, aged 44, from Molino IV, #111: a 24-year-old man from Queens Row West, #112: a 29-year-old woman from Molino III, #113: also a woman, aged 30, from Molino VI, and #114: a 75-year-old resident from Molino IV who already expired.

It was also reported that of the 45 active cases involving resident-patients, 31 were admitted to hospitals—11 in Metro Manila, one in Laguna and 19 in Cavite—and that six were on home quarantine, four in quarantine facility and four in step-down facility.

The Bacoor COVID-19 tracker bulletin report showed that Molino III has the most number of positive cases with 21 ( 11 recoveries) and Molino IV with 15 (eight recoveries and two deaths).

Molino III, which was placed under lockdown for two weeks last month, is the most populated area among the city’s 73 barangays.

There were reports of positive cases in 32 barangays. The case number listing can be viewed in the Facebook page of the City Government of Bacoor. Bacoor was the lone area in Cavite that was placed under the modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) as the province’s cities and municipalities have been on general community quarantine (GCQ) from May 16 to 31.

The local government had requested on May 15 that Bacoor be under MECQ due to the observed increasing COVID-19 cases in the area.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2036613,2847888,2847891,2847884,2847880,2847856,2847859]