By Anthony Giron
IMUS CITY, Cavite — At least five more coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases were recorded in Bacoor City, bringing to 52 the total number of cases in the area, the city government reported on Monday, April 20.
Authorities reported that Bacoor continues to have the biggest number of COVID-19 cases in Cavite province. Second was Dasmariñas City with 24 cases, then Imus City, with 23; and fourth was General Trias City with 13.
Dasmariñas, Cavite’s most populated city, surpassed Imus by one case just in the last few days, it was noted.
The Imus government reported that its 23rd case involved a 27-year-old woman nurse residing in Barangay Anabu II-D, and working at a private hospital in Metro Manila.
The numbers of cases, with deaths and recoveries and probable and suspected patients, were derived from reports gathered by the city governments from their respective local health offices.
The Bacoor government reported that the five latest cases in the area involved three women, aged 46, from Barangay Molino I; and 29 and 54, both from Molino III; and two men, aged 41 and 33, from Molino III; and Queens Row West, respectively.
The city health office said that the 46-year-old woman had already expired, while the 41-year-old man has already recovered after treatment.
All the five patients were admitted in Metro Manila hospitals. The reports about the patients and their situations were submitted by the Department of Health (DoH) to the city health office.
The health officers are continuously monitoring the conditions of the four patients.
With the developments, the authorities reminded the citizens to stay at home and follow the rules on ECQ for the protection and safety of everyone against CoVID-19..
The April 20 Bacoor bulletin update showed that the cases in the city now totaled 52 with nine deaths, 11 recoveries; and 76 probable and 32 suspected patients.
The city health office said that many of the positive patients reported in Bacoor are working in NCR.
There are 15 senior citizen-positive patients in the list of 52 cases and that four of them have reportedly died, the local health office said..
Bacoor Mayor Lani Mercado-Revilla, the health officials and other concerned authorities are doing their best to address the COVID-19 crisis in the city with the measures under the enforced ECQ, such as social or safe distancing, sanitation, face mask wearing and public market day schedules for the citizens in barangays.
Authorities have also been reminding residents to stay home, and follow ECQ rules for their own protection and safety against COVID-19.