By Martin Sadongdong
All eyes, including that of the Philippine National Police (PNP), are now on controversial personality Christian Albert "Xian" Gaza after his social media post went viral about his supposed daring “escape” from the country last year. Gaza, who first gained popularity in social media because of his billboard date proposal to actress Erich Gonzales in 2017, narrated on Sunday that he was allegedly able to escape the strict Bureau of Immigration (BI) and Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) security on September 30, 2018.
Christian Albert "Xian" Gaza (left); PNP spokesperson P/Col. Bernard Banac (right)(MANILA BULLETIN) This, despite Gaza having three warrants of arrest and being convicted of violating the Anti-Bouncing Check Law in 2018. He has also been sentenced to five and a half years imprisonment by the Malabon Metropolitan Trial Court for violation of the bouncing checks law. P/Col. Bernard Banac, PNP spokesperson, said intelligence operatives are now tracking the whereabouts of Gaza. "Patuloy ang ginagawa nating monitoring at pangangalap ng impormasyon sa convicted suspect (We are continuously monitoring and gathering information on the convicted suspect)," Banac told the Manila Bulletin in a text message on Monday. He also appealed to the public to inform the authorities should they have any leads on Gaza's location. " panawagan natin sa publiko, ipagbigay-alam agad sa ating kapulisan kapag may makuhang impormasyon para sa agarang ikadarakip nito (Our appeal to the public is to inform the police if they get any information for his immediate arrest)," he added. Real or fake? In a post on his Facebook account, Gaza said that his escape plan started when he supposedly booked three separate flights bound to Singapore, Taipei and Hong Kong -- the first two trips being his "decoy" flights. Gaza then claimed that he talked to an Immigration officer who called him out since he had a red flag under his name due to the three warrants of arrest against him. Gaza said he managed to get pass the Immigration officer when he insisted that he has no hold departure order (HDO) against him. He added that he even went to the toilet when he saw policemen searching for him. However, Immigration spokesperson Dana Sandoval said that Gaza's story was a "fake news" since the suspect has no warrants nor HDO when he left. Read more: BI slams businessman for FB post of how he evaded inspection at NAIA According to an ABS-CBN report in April 2018, Gaza has two warrants of arrest issued by the Malabon Metropolitan Trial Court for violating Batas Pambansa Blg. 22 or the Anti-Bouncing Checks Law. Gaza allegedly duped certain Jaime Asuncion and Melinda Cruz of P2 million to fund the suspect's bogus coffee shop project, the report said. Additional raps With Gaza's latest brazen acts, Banac said he might face additional charges should the Bureau of Immigration decide to sue him for using the name of the Bureau to be famous and for mocking the airport security procedures. "Baka may idagdag pa na kaso sa kanya ang Immigration authorities kapag naaresto na siya," Banac said. Read more: Xian Gaza goes viral anew after narrating how he was able to sneak out of the country