A World Economic Forum report in 2019 said the world produces about 50 million tons of electronic and electrical waste every year. Sadly, out of the 50M tons of e-waste, only 20% is formally recycled and the 80% either ends up in landfills or informally recycled in developing countries. Included in what we call e-waste are the computers and laptops that have been discarded as they no longer work. Now these devices can be dangerous as toxic chemicals can be discharged from the metals found inside.
Acer has always had dedicated guides and programs for recycling for PCs and batteries and businesses. Nevertheless, Acer has gone a step further to become more sustainable with the Acer Vero.
The Acer Vero is a powerful laptop that is made from sustainable materials. The designers of the laptop have made sure to use recycled plastics in many parts of the product, from the chassis, screen bezel, and keyboard caps.
Sustainable features of the Acer Aspire Vero:
- Aspire Vero is made of 30% recycled material-PCR (post- consumer recycled) plastic.
- Packaging also takes the same environmentally friendly approach by reducing packaging and print items by 63% to eliminate the need for tens of thousands of boxes.
- Vero is also easy to repair, and is reusable and recyclable.
- Extra space allocation and standard screws for more convenience if and when a memory or storage upgrade or a hardware repair is required to extend its lifespan.
Acer Vero comes in colors that address different sustainability issues. These colors also echo Acer’s mission to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
- Marianna Blue represents Reduce and is linked to the problem regarding ocean pollution. Acer’s solution is to create a keyboard made from ocean-bound plastic. This means that for every Vero purchased, plastic bound for the world’s waterways has been reduced.
- Starry Black represents Reuse and is linked to the problem of air pollution.
- Cobblestone Gray represents Recycle and it is linked to the problem of river pollution.
The Acer Vero is sustainable and all too powerful with these notable features:
- It comes with 12th Gen Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics.
- The Acer Vero Intel Evo edition delivers superior performance and is optimized for multi-tasking. It helps deliver seamless full HD gaming or 4K video editing, while lower priority programs and processes run in the background without slowing down the performance.
- To make each experience premium, the Acer Vero delivers exceptional audio and display.
- Its battery life is 9 hours or more. Users get 4 hours of power on a 30-minute charge.
- The Acer Vero features an eco-friendly build, improved display and battery, good speakers, comfortable touchpad, and easily upgradeable and recyclable.
- The Acer Vero Intel Evo edition comes in the 14-inch Acer Aspire Vero 14 and the 15-inch Acer Aspire Vero 15.
Follow Acer Philippines on its social media platforms: @AcerPH on Facebook, @acerph on Instagram, and @acerphils on Twitter or go to www.acer.com to know more.