6 CIW inmates acquitted of charges; freed

Published September 5, 2021, 9:12 AM

by Jeffrey Damicog

Correctional Institution for Women

Six inmates, who had been acquitted of their criminal charges, have been freed from the Correctional Institution for Women (CIW) in Mandaluyong City.

In a statement, the Bureau of Correction (BuCor) said the six persons deprived of liberty (PDLs) were released last Sept. 1.

CIW head CTSSupt. Virginia S. Mangawit signed the certificates of discharge based on a memorandum issued by BuCor Director General Gerald Q. Bantag.

BuCor said that those released “underwent rapid antigen testing to ensure their safe return to their families and gratuities were provided, as well as letters of recommendation for future employment opportunities.”

They were assisted by CO2 Giselle Colanta of the Release and Separation Section and CO1 Micaeulla Garcia of the External Affairs Sections of CIW, it added.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2804640,2881947,2881940,2881937,2881923,2881916,2881911]