QC Hall of Justice to close for a week over new COVID infection

Published July 10, 2020, 2:11 PM

by Joseph Pedrajas

The main and the annex building of the Quezon City Hall of Justice will be closed for about a week after four personnel tested positive for coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

Mayor Joy Belmonte issued the order on Friday and said that it would last for seven days or until the city’s epidemiology and surveillance unit (CESU) would be able to complete the appropriate testing and containment measures.

The Executive Judges of the city’s regional and metropolitan trial courts had already been informed of Belmonte’s decision in a letter dated July 7.

This is not the first time that the hall of justice was closed. In May, it was placed under  lockdown after an employee died of COVID-19.

CESU head Dr. Rolly Cruz said that they would conduct exhaustive contact tracing of all those who were in close contact with the court officers and employees who tested positive.

Suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases would be placed under home quarantine or isolation in a quarantine facility.

The city’s Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (DRRMO) already started on Thursday a thorough surface disinfection and misting of the whole city hall complex, which will last until Sunday.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["metro","news","news"]
[1995966,2701814,2701803,2701811,2701808,2701790,2701778]