DBM releases P1.5-B for ‘Odette’ victims

Published August 10, 2022, 3:48 PM

by Chino S. Leyco

The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) released the funding to support the emergency shelter assistance to households affected by Typhoon Odette in December last year.

In a statement on Wednesday, Aug. 10, Budget Secretary Amenah F. Pangandaman said over 153,410 households affected by Typhoon Odette will receive P10,000 each in emergency shelter assistance.

This follows the approval of a special allotment amounting to P1.58 billion granting the request of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) for emergency shelter assistance, Pangandaman said.

According to the DBM, the aid will help fund the reconstruction of damaged houses in Regions VI, VIII, X and XIII.

“Each of us considers our home as a safe haven, and having a decent place to call home is anyone’s desire. DBM is here to help in ensuring that each home damaged by Typhoon Odette is reconstructed and make it a comfortable shelter for their family and love ones,” Pangandaman said.

Typhoon Odette hit the country in December 2021 affecting families in Regions IV-B, VI, VII, VIII, X and XIII in December 2021.

The DSWD requested for the release of the P1.5 billion on Aug. 2, 2022, which was received by the DBM the following day. The corresponding Special Allotment Release Order (SARO) was released on Aug. 8, 2022.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["business","business-news","business"]
[3060079,3092984,3092806,3092787,3092912,3092844,3092884]