Marcos cites SC ruling, says decision was something he expected

Published June 29, 2022, 11:50 AM

by Calvin Cordova 

CEBU CITY — President-elect Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. is “very glad” with the Supreme Court (SC) decision junking the disqualification and cancellation of Certificate of Candidacy cases against him.

Gracing the mass oath-taking of winning members of One Cebu party at the Marco Polo Hotel here Tuesday, June 28, Marcos said he welcomes the SC decision as it “removes all the questions” that had been raised on his qualification to run for president.

Marcos said the SC decision was something that he expected.

“We knew it was coming. We didn’t know it would come now. But of course I am very glad that we can now proceed without that in the back of our head,” Marcos added.

Marcos was with Vice President-elect Sara Duterte during the red carpet event.

Leading the winning One Cebu candidates who were sworn in were Cebu Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia, party president.

Marcos thanked One Cebu for its “immense contribution” in his victorious presidential campaign.

He noted that last May 9 elections marked the first time since 1969 that a Marcos won an election in Cebu.

“It is good to see us in a different setting and I cannot thank you enough for the support that you have gave myself and Inday Sara, our candidates when we were campaigning, the results are clear,” Marcos said.

In his speech, Marcos reiterated his call for unity as “vast work” awaits him as the country’s incoming president.

Marcos thanked the Cebu officials for helping him in his campaign and pleaded more help once he assumes office.

“I needed you help during the campaign. Perhaps, I can say, I need you help even more now. Marami tayong kailangan gawin (There’s a lot that we have to do). There will be many challenges that we will face,” Marcos added.

Marcos emphasized that Cebu will have a key role to play in his plan to revitalize the country’s economic that was badly hit by the pandemic.

He noted that Cebu is already ahead of other provinces when its comes to reopening.

“That is why we will be continuing to make Cebu be the leader when it comes to economic transformation,” Marcos said.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[3029418,3066053,3066043,3066014,3066008,3066011,3066000]