Twenty new breed of runway models were presented to the public through a spectacular national costume show held at Matrix Creation Events Venue in Diliman, Quezon City. The event gives pageant observers a glimpse of the candidates’ catwalk skills, stage presence and overall impact.
The 20 delegates from different countries gave a spectacular display of color showcasing their national costumes for everyone to enjoy. The competition is one of the most-anticipated and most festive pre-pageant events.
Present during the event were Runway Model Universe Organizing Committee headed by its founder Vermont Rosa, RMU CEO – Fiel Ferdinand, and CFO Fedelina Legaspi.
Among the national costume fashion critics were Cristel Fraulein Gardoce Bulabon, Mai Precious Gocomon, Brandex Cruz and Fiel Ferdinand.
The 20 delegates who competed for the Runway Model Universe Best in National costume were:
- Miss Angola- Janini Bento
- Miss Austria- Alysa Aaron Esponilla
- Miss Japan- Minami Yoshimura
- Miss Japan- Namika Yoshino
- Miss Netherlands- Laura Sophia Fernan
- Miss Nigeria- Chiamaka Blessing Chijioke
- Miss Philippines- Maria Regina Rose Navajas
- Miss Portugal- Efren Khin Quinanola
- Miss South Korea- Semi Lee
- Miss Spain- Estephanie Torres Delgado
- Miss Sri Lanka- Divya Dharshini Ramo
- Miss Thailand- Mary Grace Guadamor
- Mister China- Chen Xing
- Mister Japan- Hiroaki Yonezu
- Mister Japan- Minami Fukumoto
- Mister Nigeria- Ekwealor Victor
- Mister Philippines- Junichi Yabushita
- Mister Russia- Kruglov Roman
- Mister South Korea- Geun Tae Chae
- Mister Thailand- Hanz Joshua Kiel Sandov
A few more candidates are set to arrive today and will join the remaining challenges of the competition.
Runway Model Universe modeling search will introduce different challenges for the candidates during the competition. Exciting challenges include Runway challenge, Print and commercial challenges, and Physique challenge.
The competition is not just a modeling and designers’ competition, the events are in search of individuals who are passionate of helping others and inspiring lives of many. The goal is to search the globe for these talents and provide them with scholarships.
During the press presentation held at the Matrix Center in Quezon City, Junichi from the Philippines (male) and Janini of Angola (female) were named press favorites.
The event was hosted by PEPPs TV talents Inaki Torres and Kristel Galang. The grand finals of Mister and Miss Runway Model Universe 2022 will be held at the Fil Oil Arena, San Juan City on May 28.