Ulthera, Thermage, or both?

Published April 19, 2022, 1:08 PM

by Dr. Kaycee Reyes

These two are the most popular non-invasive, anti-aging treatments in the world

Ultherapy and Thermage are two of the most popular non-invasive, anti-aging treatments in the world. Both of them can give you the effect of getting a facelift without going through any kind of surgery. You can just imagine how powerful they are when combined.


Both Thermage and Ultherapy are famous for visibly lifting the skin, but the way it carries out this result is different. The Thermage FLX System is the newest version of Thermage that uses Radiofrequency Therapy, while the Ulthera relies on micro-focused Ultrasound Therapy.

COSMETIC WONDER Non-invasive Thermage FLX treatment uses heat radiofrequency to tighten the skin


Ulthera uses the technology of microfocused ultrasound with visualization that targets the skin layer and deep connective tissue. Over time, formation of new collagen tightens and lifts the skin. It is FDA-approved for non-invasive lifting and tightening of lax skin, prominent nasolabial folds, marionette lines, jowling, double chin, and brow sagging. There is an immediate effect of about five to 10 percent lifting and tightening since it targets the deepest layer of the skin, the SMAS layer. The remaining 90 percent effect is seen over the next few months. It will be at its best four to six months after the treatment. The results of Ulthera, which increases skin elasticity through collagen regeneration, can be seen for a long time, at least a year depending on the degree of sagging.

LOOK YOUNGER Ultherapy is a non-invasive face lift that utilizes ultra sound technology


Thermage, on the other hand, uses monopolar radiofrequency that allows deeper penetration of heat to target the mid layer of the skin by separating water molecules from collagen, resulting in its denaturation, which results in dermal contraction and tightening. The contraction of the fibrous septae of the skin fibers results in contouring then second wound healing happens that promotes collagen deposition and remodeling.


Thermage is FDA-approved for non-invasive treatment of periorbital wrinkles and lines including upper and lower eyelids, temporary improvement in the appearance of cellulite, relief of muscle pains and spasm, and temporary improvement of local circulation.


To lift the skin, both Thermage and Ulthera stimulate collagen and elastin production. The difference is that Thermage smoothens lines, lifts, firms, and contours the skin on the epidermis level or the skin’s surface while Ulthera takes effect on the deepest facial layer to strengthen and pull up skin tissues.


This is how both treatments can complement each other by increasing collagen and elastin production, and boosting your skin’s capability to regenerate on its own.


Just one treatment of combined Ulthera and Thermage can lift all the layers of the skin through a single procedure. There is usually none to very minimal downtime. You will see an immediate effect, but the best results will be seen four to six months after your treatment.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["lifestyle","well-being","lifestyle"]
[2978583,3002681,3001887,3002306,3001678,3001668,3001387]