Korean actor Kim Seon-ho will not return to ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ TV show

Published November 10, 2021, 12:52 PM

by Jonathan Hicap

Korean actor Kim Seon-ho, star of the hit drama “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha,” will not be returning to his former TV show “2 Days & 1 Night.”

Kim Seon-ho’s career turned upside down last month due to accusations by her former girlfriend that he forced her to abort their baby last year under the false promise of marriage and living together.

Kim Seon-ho (extreme right) with “2 Days & 1 Night” co-stars Ravi, Yeon Jung-hoon, DinDin, Kim Jong-min and Moon Se-yoon (Instagram)

As a result, Kim Seon-ho issued an apology on Oct. 20 to say “I would like to apologize for making a late statement with my fear of watching my own name constantly being mentioned in many articles,” according to the Korea Herald.

“Though we were in a relationship with good feelings to each other, I have hurt her with my carelessness and inconsiderate actions. I would like to apologize in person, but I am currently waiting some time to ask forgiveness. I would like to say sorry with this writing,” he said.

He added that “it seems like I forgot about the people who have supported me to become the actor Kim Seon-ho. I would like to, once again, apologize for causing trouble to the people who have worked with me. I know my writing is insufficient for an apology, but I would like to express my sincerity. I am sorry.”

However, more revelations came out coming from friends and acquaintances of Kim Seon-ho and the woman.

One of which was that the abortion of their baby was a mutual decision and after which Kim Seon-ho took care of the woman by cooking seaweed soup for her for two weeks. She told him that she was pregnant on July 24, 2020 and she had an abortion three days after on July 27.

Kim Seon-ho was launched as a mainstay of “2 Days & 1 Night” season 4, which started in December 2019, together with Ravi, Yeon Jung-hoon, DinDin, Kim Jong-min and Moon Se-yoon.

Because of the controversy, Kim Seon-ho was removed from the KBS TV show “2 Days & 1 Night.”

Viewers and fans signed several online petitions opposing Kim Seon-ho’s removal from the TV show and requesting for his reinstatement.

One petition that is against Kim Seon-ho’s departure from the show has garnered 43,932 signatures.

However, the producer of “2 Days & 1 Night” answered the petitions to say that they can no longer bring back Kim Seon-ho on the show.

“First of all, thank you to the viewers for loving ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ and giving us valuable opinions. KBS announced on October 20 that Kim Seon-ho would leave the program,” according to the show’s producer Lee Hwang-sun.

“We would like to inform you that there was a preliminary consultation process between each other [KBS and Kim Seon-ho] before announcing the official position,” he said.

He added, “The production team is also disappointed that it will no longer be able to show the harmony of the six members who have been together for two years and have shown good chemistry. However, we will continue to do our best to show you good broadcasts. Once again, thank you for your valuable opinions.”

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["celebrities","entertainment","entertainment"]
[2859274,3034395,3034275,3034236,3034189,3034213,3034239]