Actor Paul Rudd is People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive for 2021!
“I do have an awareness, enough to know that when people hear that I’d be picked for this, they would say, ‘What?’ ” Paul tells PEOPLE in this week’s cover story. “This is not false humility. There are so many people that should get this before me.”
Despite his rise to leading man superstardom, Rudd insists he’s most happy at home with his wife of 18 years, Julie, 53, and their kids Jack, 17, and Darby, 12.
“When I think about myself, I think of myself as a husband and a father, like I’m that,” he says. “I just hang out with my family when I’m not working. That’s what I kind of like the most.”
Get to know more of Paul:
1) Rudd auditioned for the role of Jack Dawson in Titanic, as his father had been an avid Titanic historian. During his audition, he was able to rattle off various facts about the ship, but it did not help him land a key role.
2) He played lead character Scott Lang / Ant-Man in the 2015 film ‘Ant-Man,’ for which he was awarded the ‘Male Star of the Year,’ at the ‘CinemaCon Awards.’ When he told his nine-year old son he was going to be Ant-Man, his son said, ‘Wow, I can’t wait to see how stupid that’ll be.’
3) In order to get into shape for the superhero character, Rudd had gone on an extensive training and workout regimen in order to build muscle size. He also worked with a gymnast to be convincing as possible with rolls and flips.
4) In his preparation for Ant-Man character, he cut out alcohol, fried-foods, and carbohydrates from his diet in a Chris Pratt approach to eliminate anything fun for a year to play a hero.
5) The film Ant-Man was a box office success grossing $519 million worldwide placing it 14th on the list of 2015’s ‘Most Valuable Blockbusters’ Film. Rudd was nominated for 2016 ‘Critics’ Choice Awards-Best Actor in an Action Movie,’ ‘Saturn Awards-Best Actor,’ and for ‘MTV Movie Awards-Best Hero.’
6) He reprised his role of super hero in ‘Captain America: Civil War,’ 2016 and as well as in Ant-Man’s sequel, ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ in 2018. He did learn close up magic for the later movie.
7) On Feb. 23, 2003, he got married to Julie Yaeger, the American Television Producer and a former Publicist, with whom he has two children, a son named Jack Sullivan and a daughter named Darby.
8) In 2011, Rudd donated his birthday that year to the ‘American Cancer Society,’ by which he requested his friends, family, business associates and complete strangers, to open up their wallets and donate their age instead of gifts. He lost his father to cancer and in his honor he set a goal of raising $50,000.
9) He was born Paul Stephen Rudd on April 6, 1969, in Passaic, New Jersey, United States, to Golria Irene and Michael Rudd. He has a younger sister, Mandi Rudd Arnold.
10) His father was a vice-president of Trans World Airlines, and later earned his living as a historical guide, while his mother was a sales manager at KCMO-TV in Kansas City. His sister is the owner of Brand Energy Marketing Company, who is a volunteer at the KC Pet Project, which deals with pets’ adoption.
For the full report, click: https://liveminty.com/facts/31-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-paul-rudd-the-lovable-ant-man/ and https://people.com/movies/paul-rudd-people-sexiest-man-alive-2021/?fbclid=IwAR3Uy114hI0R7pVRQ4lPu5ndTC0qXSGUB-KOED_yXFmlcGYfdOSDeA5owFs