Physical therapy with anti-aging properties
It is unfortunate that aging is inevitable. It is quite expected that as we get older, we’ll be weaker and slower, with decreased activity and increased risk for disease and injury. But who says you have to feel these effects soon? Today, let’s find out how to age better with physical therapy.
There are a lot of things that come with physical aging such as a weaker immune system, an increased risk for disease, lower bone density and muscle loss, vision and hearing problems, hair loss and wrinkles, and decreased physical activity. These things also pose a higher risk for accidents like tripping and injury, a slower healing process, as well as a decreased risk for mobility and functioning. This is where physical therapy comes in as it aims to help improve mobility, support or hasten recovery after an accident or surgery, and decrease the risk of injury. There are different types of physical therapy, but below are some of the therapies that also have anti-aging properties to boost your overall health.
This is where physical therapy comes in as it aims to help improve mobility, support or hasten recovery after an accident or surgery, and decrease the risk of injury.
1. Cryotherapy, also called cold therapy, is the application of extremely cold temperatures (-130-150 degrees Celsius) for a short time in one area or to the whole body. It helps with different issues from pain management to mood disorders. It may even remove some tissue such as warts and skin tags, or it may be used as treatment for specific cancers (internal cryotherapy). Some may feel a temporary numbness or a tingling sensation for a few hours.
2. Hypoxi or hyperoxia treatment helps mitochondria function by breathing concentrations of oxygen. The mitochondria is part of a cell that helps in producing energy that the body expends. This type of therapy supports mitochondria health that results in less stress and fatigue.
3. Magnetic field therapy, from the name itself, uses magnets on the body for general health. It is said that this therapy helps create balance and harmony in the body’s energy fields. This therapy is used for pain management such as foot pain and arthritis. Unfortunately, not everyone can be a candidate for these therapies as it always depends on your current health condition. Talk to your physician so you know which therapies may support your overall health.
Of course, these therapies are not a sole treatment to help you age better, but as a supplement. Like we always say, nothing beats regular physical activity and a healthy diet.
So what can you eat to boost our health?
– Healthy carbohydrates and fiber include oatmeal and brown rice, vegetables, and beans.
– Omega-3s such as walnuts and olive oil and omega-6 such as corn oil and soybean oil.
– Proteins from vegetables such as quinoa, soy, and tofu.
It is important to remember that to age well, you should start taking care of your body as soon as you can. One’s risk for disease and their inability to move and perform are higher among those who live with a poor lifestyle and a bad diet early on. Start living healthy today, and your body will thank you later on.