Pateros Mayor Miguel “Ike” Ponce III issued an executive order indicating allowed and prohibited activities and businesses in the municipality under the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) Alert Level 4.
Alert Level 4 was extended in the National Capital Region (NCR) until Oct. 15.
Under Executive Order No. 30, Ponce said while the Alert Level 4 was retained in the NCR, certain adjustments were made to further boost economic recovery.”
His order adopted the guidelines issued by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases.
Ponce said persons not allowed outside of their residences are persons below 18 years old, those who are over 65 years old, with immunodeficiencies, comorbidities or other health risks and pregnant women but “they shall be allowed access to obtain essential goods and services, or for work in permitted industries and offices.”
“Intrazonal and interzonal travel for persons not otherwise required to remain at their residences in the preceding paragraph may be allowed subject to the reasonable regulations of the LGU [local government unit] of destination,” according to the order.
Persons not required to remain at home are allowed to hold outdoor exercise and those covered by home restriction can also exercise outside “but shall be limited within the general area of their residence e.g. within the barangay, purok, subdivision, and/or village.”
Fully vaccinated individuals over 65 years old are “allowed individual outdoor exercises beyond the general area of their respective residences. Provided that the minimum public health standards and precautions such as the wearing of face masks and the maintenance of social distancing protocols are observed.”
Establishments and activities characterized as high-risk for transmission that are not allowed to operate under Alert Level 4 are:
– Indoor visitor or tourist attractions, libraries, archives, museums, galleries, and cultural shows and exhibits
– Indoor venues for meetings, incentives, conferences, events (MICE)
– Indoor entertainment venues such as cinemas, and venues with live performers such as karaoke bars. bars, clubs, concert halls, and theaters
– Outdoor and indoor amusement parks or theme parks, funfairs/peryas, kid amusement Industries such as playgrounds, playroom, and kiddie rides
– Indoor recreational venues such as internet cafes, billiard halls, amusement arcades, bowling alleys, and similar venues
– Indoor limited face to face or in-person classes, examinations, and other education-related activities at all levels, except those previously approved by the IATF and/or of the Office of the President
– Casinos, horse racing, cockfighting and operation of cockpits, lottery and betting shops, and other gaming establishments except as may be authorized by the IATF or the Office of the President
– Social events such as but not limited to gatherings at residences with any person outside of one’s immediate household. concerts and parties, wedding receptions, engagement parties, wedding anniversaries, debut and birthday parties, family reunions, and bridal or baby showers, parades, processions, motorcades
– Indoor sports courts or venues or other indoor leisure centers or facilities, and swimming pools
– All contact sports whether indoor or outdoor, except those conducted under a bubble-type setup as provided for under relevant guidelines adopted by the LATF, and approved by the LGU where such games shall be held
– Personal care establishments offering aesthetic/cosmetic services or procedures, make-up services, salons, spas, reflexology, aesthetics, wellness, and holistic services, and other similar procedures. Home service for these activities are likewise not permitted
– Specialized markets of the Department of Tourism such as Staycations
According to Ponce, “Outdoor or al fresco dine-in services in restaurants and eateries shall be allowed at a maximum of thirty percent (30%) venue/seating capacity regardless of vaccination status. Indoor dine-in services may be allowed at a limited twenty (20% venue/seating capacity but will cater only to individuals fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in addition to their allowed outdoor or al fresco capacity. Provided that all workers/employees of these establishments have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.”
Personal care services limited to barbershops, hair spas, nail spas, and beauty salons are allowed at a maximum of 30 percent venue/seating capacity if the services are conducted outdoors regardless of vaccination status.
These establishments are allowed to operate at 20 percent indoor venue/seating capacity but may only cater to individuals who are fully vaccinated in addition to their allowed outdoor capacities. All workers and employees of the establishments should be fully vaccinated.
Liquor ban is lifted in Pateros but will be imposed in areas under granular lockdown or restricted zone. Curfew hours will be from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m.
Wearing of face shields is optional outdoors but mandatory in crowded areas or activities involving close contact.