Malacañang said that the government has yet to receive any negative report about the new Alert Levels System and granular lockdowns being piloted in the National Capital Region (NCR).
Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque made the statement five days after the new Alert Levels System on coronavirus (COVID-19) response in Metro Manila was implemented as a new tact to keep the economy alive while addressing the pandemic.
In his press briefing on Monday, September 20, Roque said they have not gathered any negative reports on the implementation of the new systems.
Despite this, he said there were no discussions yet if the new system will be implemented in areas outside Metro Manila.
“Ito ay pilot pa lang po (This is just a pilot for now),” he said.
“Hindi pa po ito mai-implement on a nationwide basis pagdating po ng Oktubre (This will not yet be implemented on a nationwide basis by October),” he added.
The pilot implementation of the new system, which has a variety of guidelines, will last until September 30.
It has five Alert Levels with Alert Level 5 being similar to the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) and Level 4 as the most strict but allows some businesses like dining and personal care to operate at a very limited capacity.
Under the granular lockdown, only health workers and allied health workers, uniformed personnel, outbound overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and returning OFWs, and those with medical emergencies will be allowed to leave and enter the said areas.
Last week, Roque said the pilot was implemented to see if it can help bring down the number of COVID-19 infections in the country, particularly in NCR.