Who says you can’t engage in a war of words using slang terms?
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque and opposition member Senator Franklin Drilon are doing just that on the issue of alleged overpriced procurement of personal protective equipment (PPEs) by the current Duterte administration last year amid the raging coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
Roque–after earlier being tagged as a “troll” by Drilon–told the latter that he is not his obsessive fan, or “stan”.
Meanwhile, Philippine College of Physicians (PCP) President Dr. Maricar Limpin said in a radio interview that the sheer number number of active COVID-19 cases is taking a toll on local doctors, whom she described as exhausted and feeling sick themselves.
These are among the top stories this busy Thursday afternoon, September 2, 2021.
1) PH COVID-19 Update: 16,621 new cases; 10,965 new recoveries; 148 new deaths
2) Political Corner
3) A war of slang words
4) PH-Japan cooperation achieves ‘new high’
5) On Pharmally and overpriced procurement claims
6) From the Office of the Vice President
7) Biliran quake
8) PNP, AFP Corner
9) Weather Update
10) Sto. Nino de Cebu in the Vatican
11) Build, Build, Build continues
12) Education Corner
13) Judiciary Corner
14) Business Corner
15) Metro Manila Roundup
16) Provincial Roundup