There will be enough food supply in the National Capital Region (NCR) and other major consumption areas in the country during the upcoming two-week enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), Department of Agriculture Secretary William Dar said.
“There is enough food for everyone,” Dar said Monday, Aug. 2.
“We will see to it that food supply lines are kept open, and ensure continuous delivery of major food items and temper prices,” the secretary added.
He directed the agency’s regional field offices (RFOs) to facilitate the transport and delivery of food and agri-fishery commodities to markets in NCR and other areas.
Aside from the continuous operation of its “Kadiwa” stalls, the DA will also encourage the setting up of private sector-led community pantries.
The secretary further said that the food passes that had been issued by the DA before would remain valid and redeemable by those transporting food and agri-fishery commodities. The RFOs will also issue new ones for those who don’t have food passes.
“Once again, we assure everyone that our regional field offices and other concerned DA bureaus and agencies are ready to assist those who will encounter problems in the transport and delivery of food and agri-fishery commodities. We will closely coordinate with the DILG (Department of Interior and Local Government) and PNP (Philippine National Police) to ensure the smooth flow of farm and fishery products to markets and finally to our respective dining tables,” Dar said.
The NCR will be placed under ECQ–the strictest community quarantine–from Aug. 6 to 20, 2021, in an attempt to prevent the further transmission of the Delta variant of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).