DSWD: Over 10K monsoon victims remain in evacuation centers

Published August 1, 2021, 11:37 PM

by Charissa Luci-Atienza 

More than 10,000 individuals or over 2,600 families displaced by southwest monsoon rains enhanced by typhoon “Fabian remained in evacuation centers, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) said on Sunday, August 1.

(DSWD-DROMIC Facebook page)

The DSWD’s Disaster Response Operations Monitoring and Information Center (DROMIC) has so far logged 2,672 evacuee-families or 10,259 individuals from 153 evacuation centers as of 6 p.m., August 1.

The report said a total of 30,594 families or 147,918 individuals have opted to stay with their relatives and/or friends.

The DROMIC said the monsoon rains had affected 200,915 families or 801,337 individuals from 641 barangays.

The Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), National Capital Region (NCR), Central Luzon, and Mimaropa (Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon, Palawan) have been identified as the four most affected regions.

The DSWD, the local government units (LGUs) and the non-government organization have extended more than P2.91 million in relief aid to the affected families.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2775259,2818843,2818832,2818802,2818837,2818789,2818795]