The country’s cases of coronavirus continued to increase Thursday, placing the Philippines back to “moderate” from low risk for infections.
The growth in local COVID-19 cases, including those arising from the Delta variant, comes as President Duterte pressed for the vaccination of the willing while seeking to penalize anti-vaxxers who endanger other people’s health.
These stories plus updates about Olympic gold medalist Hidilyn Diaz, the latest arrival of 1.5 million Sinovac jabs, pros and cons of the proposed hard lockdown, and ECQ aid for affected residents are among the top news on Thursday, July 29, 2021.
- Stay safe amid rising COVID-19 cases
- Fighting the Delta coronavirus variant
- Impact of a hard lockdown
- Vaccination drive
- ECQ ayuda is coming
- Cheers to our Olympic hero
- Duterte seeks dismissal of gov’t personnel involved in pastillas scam
- 2022 preparations
- Duterte and dilawans
- COVID-positive cops
- More inquiries
- Disaster alerts
- Learn a new skill from TESDA online
- Congrats! Female cadet tops PCG graduates
- Business corner