Pasay City General Hospital prepares for Delta variant surge

Published July 28, 2021, 7:33 PM

by Jean Fernando

The Pasay City General Hospital, the city’s lone public hospital, is now busy stockpiling all the necessary medicines, medical equipment, and supplies, especially oxygen, which they might need in the event of sudden deluge of Delta variant cases.

Mayor Emi Calixto-Rubiano said the city government is working overtime and taking aggressive steps to prevent the entry of the dreaded Delta variant in the city.

She said they have been conducting various town hall meetings and consultation with experts on how to stop its transmission.


She assured the residents that there is still no reported Delta variant case in the city but has called on them to be even more vigilant.

Dr. John Victor de Gracia, medical director of PCGH, said that as part of their preparation for a possible surge, they will be adding COVID-19 beds from their current 52 to 65.

De Gracia said the hospital’s 85 percent bed capacity will be allotted for the Pasay residents while the remaining 15 percent will be given to other patients who need medical attention from the hospital.

“In line with the increase in beds, we are also making sure that a steady supply of medicines and oxygen are availablefor our patients,” De Gracia said.

Rubiano said Dr. Anna Ong-Lim of DOH has lauded the preparations being conducted by the city government to combat the Delta variant.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["metro","news","news"]
[2771809,2822518,2822524,2822521,2822473,2822466,2822469]