Around 60 families were left homeless after a fire hit a residential area in Tondo, Manila Monday morning (May 10).
According to the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) report, the fire started on the third floor of a residential building, owned by a certain Manny Lim, at the corner of Sgt. Mabagos and Wagas Streets at 8:17 a.m. and reached the second alarm at 8:33 a.m.
The fire was extinguished at 11:18 a.m.
Damage to properties was pegged at P500,000.
Authorities were still determining the cause of the fire as of writing.
Meanwhile, an unattended electric fan caused another fire in a residential area on Estrada St. in San Andres Bukid, Manila, also on Monday (May 10).
The blaze was first reported at 10:13 a.m. and put out by responding firefighters at 10:52 a.m.
Investigation is ongoing.