The country had some uplifting news Thursday after the jobless rate dropped to its lowest level since the strict pandemic lockdown started last year.
The deadly coronavirus variant first detected in India has also not reached local shores but health authorities are mulling stepping up testing protocols for travelers as a precaution.
Other stories such as the President’s debate challenge to a former magistrate and his support for Ivermectin studies are included in the list of top news on Thursday afternoon, May 6, 2021.
- The country’s jobless rate is down.
- Coronavirus update
- A showdown between the President and a former magistrate looms over the West Philippine Sea.
- CHR appeals for reasonable penalty vs mask rule violators
- The President is backing the Ivermectin trials, but medical groups remained opposed to its use for COVID-19 treatment.
- It’s still Sinopharm for the President’s second vaccine shot.
- The Philippines and Saudi Arabia are working closely on the protection of migrant workers as well as pandemic response
- Will VP Robredo run for public office next year?
- Incoming PNP Chief Guillermo Eleazar gains support.
- Have you received your ECQ ayuda?
An info campaign on the national ID system is underway.
- Traffic enforcers gets a short break from the scorching heat.
- Quake alert
- Watch out for fake news.
- Business corner :