ARQ’s Monbert Arong cleared to play

Published April 20, 2021, 9:53 PM

by Jonas Terrado

Pilipinas VisMin Super Cup officials admitted they made a mistake in suspending Monbert Arong of ARQ Builders-Lapu Lapu City. (Photo from Chooks to Go)

The Pilipinas VisMin Super Cup admitted it made a mistake in suspending ARQ Builders-Lapu-Lapu City’s Monbert Arong for the rest of the first round instead of Franz Arong as part of sanctions handed in the aftermath of last week’s controversial match against Siquijor.

League officials determined that Franz Arong should have been among the five Lapu-Lapu players suspended while clearing Monbert Arong (no relation) of any wrongdoing following a review Tuesday, April 20.

“After thorough review of the game tape by our league and technical officials, it has come to our attention that Mr. Monbert Arong is not part of the issue and it was Mr. Franz Arong that was involved,” the league said in a memo.

The correction will allow Monbert Arong to rejoin Lapu-Lapu while Franz Arong will sit out the final two games of the first round.

Monbert Arong was initially banned for the rest of the first round and fined P15,000 along with Jojo Tangkay, Reed Juntilla and Ferdinand Lusdoc, and had already starting serving his suspension Saturday when Lapu-Lapu fell 84-75 to MJAS-Zenith Talisay City.

Franz Arong had 10 points for Lapu-Lapu during the said match.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["basketball","sports","sports"]
[2680266,2699537,2699483,2699443,2699259,2699079,2699006]