The local government units (LGUs) have disbursed more than P6.7 billion worth of financial aid to over 6.7 million low-income earners affected by the imposition of the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in the National Capital Region (NCR)-plus,
DSWD spokesperson Irene Dumlao said as of 6 p.m., April 16, the total supplemental aid disbursed amounted to more P6.7 billion, quoting the monitoring report provided by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG).
So far, more than 6.7 million beneficiaries have been served in the National Capital Region (NCR), Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal, she said.
The number of served beneficiaries is 29 percent of the 22,915,422 low-income earners targeted to receive the national government’s one-time ECQ aid.
Of the disbursed aid, more than P4.47 billion as been distributed to more than 4.4 million beneficiaries in the NCR, the DILG report showed. The NCR LGUs are targeting to serve 11,172,988 recipients.
The LGUs in Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal, meanwhile, have distributed more than P1.8 billion in financial assistance to over 1.87 million recipients.
In Bulacan, a total of 352,458 recipients have been served, receiving more than P352.45 million worth of aid.
The DSWD reported on Thursday night, April 15, that over 4.9 million low-income individuals affected by ECQ in the NCR-plus got their assistance.
The DSWD reiterated that the list of beneficiaries of Emergency Subsidy Program (ESP) it provided to the LGUs “may be used as a reference for identifying the individuals who will be given aid in their respective localities.”
It noted that based on the issuance of the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), an eligible individual is entitled to P1,000.00, provided that the assistance given to a family should not exceed the cap of P4,000.